World of South Park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the World of South Park Forums!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stair Event

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nessa
Nessa

Stair Event Empty
PostSubject: Stair Event   Stair Event EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:55 am

This is not really an event..but kinda.
Have a custom teleporter wtih an option to take you to the "Stair Event".
The stair event will be in Dun Morogh, ontop of the mountain where the camp site it.
Someone, makes a hard/tricky stair challenge.
Throughout the stair/obstacle course, we put innkeepers (kinda acting as check points)
Then, at the end of it all, we have a custom vendor that sells gear you can only get by completing the whole stair event.

Just an idea.. dont hate xD
Back to top Go down
+ RT +
Game Master
Game Master
+ RT +

Stair Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stair Event   Stair Event EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:10 am

Interesting, I love the innkeeper idea. It would have to be an extremely long event if you were to get some gear that would help you. But if what just stuff to "show off" then that is a great idea.
Back to top Go down
redmjc67

Stair Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stair Event   Stair Event EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:11 am

only problem i can see is that when you have the innkeepers for the checkpoints the person's hearthstone would be on cooldown and if they fall off again they will have to redo it, also another problem i can see is that if you have the innkeeper by the end of the event they won't change their hearth and then they will just hearth back to that spot
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Nessa

Stair Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stair Event   Stair Event EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:16 am

Yeah RT, i think it would take some time. Not being able to complete it in one sitting.(Unless they have alot alot of time and are skilled xD)
It would take some time making it and such too.

& red. That is true, there are custom hearthstones that have been made where the cooldown is like 10 seconds /:
Also they can just use auto-unstuck xD
Back to top Go down
Cataract
Cataract

Stair Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stair Event   Stair Event EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:18 am

True. The checkpoints are a fairly nice add, but innkeeper's may not be the best. What I think would be a good idea, is to have a teleporter. At each stage of the Obstacle Course, the player gets a Coin. Say you pass Stage 1, you would receive the [Stage 1 Coin]. If you fall you can then trade that coin into a teleporter who will take you to that checkpoint. However, it only has 1 use.

Also, I am willing to throw together a makeshift Obstacle Course such as this, though it would be very shitty : /
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Nessa

Stair Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stair Event   Stair Event EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:20 am

hehe yeah thats a goooood idea!
or once you get that coin, you can use it and it automatically just teleports you to the checkpoint. (if thats possible)

& im good at making the courses, so i can help..(if i get gm)
Back to top Go down
SmashnCrash
Admin
Admin
SmashnCrash

Stair Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stair Event   Stair Event EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:00 am

Note: since no one is signing up for developer, I'm doing everything. This would be low on my priority list.

I'm very experienced with Stair/Mountain events, so I'll add in some NPCs that will make the stages extremely difficult.
Each checkpoint you make will have an NPC giving out "Token of Teleportation <Checkpoint 1-5>"
When you reach CP:1 (Checkpoint: 1) you get the CP:1 token.
When you reach CP:2 you lose your CP:1 token but you are given the CP:2 token... and so on.
When you reach the end, you lose your CP:5 AFTER you purchase ONE PRIZE. If you do not have a CP:5 token, you cannot collect a prize. Simple as that.
If you reach the end and purchase the reward (most likely a cosmetic item) you can always start again to get a new reward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stair Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stair Event   Stair Event Empty

Back to top Go down

Stair Event
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World of South Park :: DEVELOPMENT :: Ideas :: Debated Ideas-
Jump to: